Fire Suppression Activities
- All fire suppression & life safety activities within Hahira.
- All fire department staff is cross trained as EMT’s and medical first responders to assist EMS on medical incidents.
- The department conducts door-to-door campaigns advising residents of the importance of having a working smoke detector.
- Conducts familiarization tours of buildings and structures within the city by firefighters.
- Performs emergency rescue activities, including extrication of person(s) trapped in vehicles using the "Jaws of Life."
- Performs other types of rescues of victims in confined spaces, trenches, or other areas.
- Conducts fire safety education tours and programs, both in and out of station.
- Services and conducts fire flow requirements on all fire hydrants in the city.
- Participates in other community-oriented programs, such as Halloween safety, Boy Scouts, etc.
- Participates in the Mayors’ Veteran Motorcade, which raises supplies and delivers them to veterans at the V.A. Hospital in Lake City Florida.
Fire Department asset resources:
· 2 – 1250 GPM Pumpers
· 1 – 1500 GPM 79’ Ladder Truck
· 1 - Rescue Truck
· 1 – Brush Truck
· 1 – Mobile cascade air system
· 1 – Command vehicle