Report Stormwater Pollution

Illegal Dumping into the Stormwater System

The discharge of any polluted water, sewage, oil, and/or other material into any natural outlet in the City, including any catch basin, roadside ditch, stream, and/or manhole, is strictly prohibited. Any person observing such discharge should report the occurrence to the Public Works Department  at (229) 794-3747 between 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, after hours, please call (229) 563-6478, or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  

When contacting us, please provide as much information as possible:

  • Date of Incident

  • Time of Incident

  • Location

  • Source and type of pollution (if known)

  • Responsible party (if known)

  • Vehicle tag number (if known)

  • Your contact information*

*Your contact information is not required; however it is helpful to have in case we need
more information or follow up with you about the report.

Examples of what you can report:

  • Foam, bubbles, or a milky appearance in a ditch or waterway

  • Strange odors

  • Auto fluids (e.g. motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc) or chemicals (e.g. paint, cleaners, etc) spilled on the street or poured into a catch basin

  • Unusual pipe or wastewater that has been piped to a creek or ditch (e.g. from a washing machine, floor drain, etc)

  • Outdoor washing equipment using chemicals

  • Sediment coming off a construction site